When the 3 of us coaches were collecting our goals to share through social media, we each went through the process of wondering, “are my goals too much, or not enough?” How will people view them?” Fortunately, we have each other to lean on and validate the authenticity of our pursuits.
It is weird and hard to put your goals out there and be seen. Our challenge to you is to let us in. Share your goals with us and the NYX Endurance community and allow yourself to feel the buoyancy that the Mob will provide.
Here are 3 options for goal sharing:
- Post in our private FB group. And when you see someone else’s goal pop up, let’s cheer each other on!
- Share on our next virtual Mob Happy Hour: February 18th.
- Post your goal on IG with the hashtag #nyxgoals
If you need some ideas for how to frame your goals, the 3 of us coaches have shared our personal 2021 goals below:
𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐆𝐎𝐀𝐋: Given that I’m a strong introvert who’s been living in a house with 3-4 other people 24/7 since March, my goal is to keep my shit together until everyone goes back to school/work.
𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐋𝐎𝐍 𝐆𝐎𝐀𝐋: For better or worse, this season is looking likely to be the first time I may show up to a race under-prepared. This is way outside of my comfort zone. My goal is to take advantage of whatever fitness I do have come race day, to be patient for 120-odd miles, and then to be 𝙗𝙧𝙖𝙫𝙚.
𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐀𝐋: KQ: “Ever since I raced in Kona a few years ago, I’ve been dying to go back. I’ve failed to qualify in each of my successive 5 attempts and somehow each failure only reignites my fire.”
- Be 𝙧𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙡𝙮 𝙤𝙥𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙘 in my races: allow my body to go through highs and lows without getting mentally sucked into the lows. Trust my ability to rebound, to dig deep, and to go beyond my previous limits.”
- 𝘾𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙟𝙤𝙮: I’ve never had trouble with discipline. It helps that I genuinely enjoy my work and training – but those things are still work. What I’m learning is that making time for pure joy & play gives me more energy to do everything else, it helps me not take myself so seriously, and it attunes me to that feeling so that I can create and attract more of it.
𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐂 𝐆𝐎𝐀𝐋𝐒: WWPP: Win, Win, Podium, Podium. I age up this year, and my goals are big and scary. I want to win my Age Group at the qualifying races and get on the podium at 70.3 Worlds and IMWC.
𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐆𝐎𝐀𝐋𝐒: Increase my contribution to my community with increased participation in Encinitas4Equality. Be an active part of the change and forward momentum.